Upcoming

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

I know I shouldn't be nervous about starting into my BSN degree, I mean according to the state of Montana I am a licensed practical nurse right about now. I mean I have a copy of my license in my room right now. I successfully completed an LPN program, took my NCLEX-PN, and drove the 4 hours home fretting about whether I passed only to be told 3 hours in by my Mom who I had camped out on the MT State Board of Nursing page awaiting the addition of my name. All of this should mean that I shouldn't feel any pressure continuing on in my education as I've gotten a head start on others in regards to medications, medication administration, medication rights, etc...


Granted I'm still behind when it comes to direct patient care. I'm not a CNA and even with my previous education I didn't do too much of it, but as an RN I know I will need to be more proficient. At least I know an area where I need improvement.

I'm not excited to move for a semester back to the city that I hate. I am excited after that semester to move to a city 8 hours away from my parents and move in with my Mom's brother and sister and live there for 2 years until I'm done. My parents and I have an interesting relationship, so it will be nice for the first time to actually be living apart from them.

All in all I think I'm the one who's overanalyzing and letting this get to me.

School starts August 29th. I'm still waiting on the information to tell me what books we need and blah blah blah and maybe that's what's making me nervous.

Say it with me now: 5 semesters left.


0 comments:

Post a Comment