An intro of sorts.

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

I'm Courtney, I'm a 21 year old college student who still lives at home while going to school, and probably will unless I meet that mythical 'special someone.' I'm currently single and I don't have a problem with that. I spent a portion of my life with someone else and it didn't end well, so I'm not willing to commit to anything besides school and work.

I named this blog 'The Cynister' because that kind of is me. I call myself a realist to try to divert away from calling myself a pessimist. Real life to me is not sunshine and rainbows and I absolutely detest when people try to make it out to be that way. Reality is not kind and I'm not someone who really likes to beat around that bush. Not all of my opinions are negative, but I really do try to live life realistically which sometimes results in people calling me negative when I choose to point out things realistically, which really doesn't bother me.

I live life by two mottos: "Something wicked this way comes." and "The only person you can trust is yourself." The former is a reminder to me that I am someone and something to be reckoned with. I don't like games, drama, etc... and this is where I stand my ground. The latter motto is just a reminder that sometimes that mantra about people not changing is true, and that it is untrue especially when your best friend turns on you. Life is not
always kind, but it is not always stormy, it's about making your way through the muck and mire while keeping yourself afloat.

So here I am still without an idea to really focus on for this Blogger, but I guess this fact doesn't bother me that much, but I definitely don't want to sit here and try to use this to dissect my life, I do enough of that in private.

So I guess this will just have to be my place of goals and sharing, no matter how inane.

Welcome, I guess.

0 comments:

Post a Comment