Back at it!

Monday, September 3, 2012

School officially started on August 27! 

We did 3 days of orientation, a tour of Head Start, and a computer class for one of the local hospitals. Now it's Labor Day and I had the day off to rest and recuperate. I went to a BBQ today hosted by my uncle's church at a local park which was a nice little event. 

I didn't get much sleep last week. I have to get back into the groove of school and work and the correct sleep schedule. I am lucky that to keep up with my bills (cell, car, rent, insurance) I only have to work 2 days a week and for that I am thankful. I even have money from my school refund for back up payments should I need it. I am very blessed and I know it.

I have got my personal debt down significantly since I moved here in January because of my job. Just paid off my personal credit card, no more interest! Will finish paying off Best Buy next month. And then I have to repay my Mom for help she gave me when I needed it the last two school semesters. 

I'm still not sold on this semester because it's OB and Peds but I have to keep the faith my instructors and classmates will be able to help me weather it. I've been using the first week to get organized. I bought a planner specific to school because I kept not wanting to write/mess up the Moleskine I bought at the beginning of the year. This is just a $5 nothing special so I won't mind if it gets banged up or wet while in my backpack. 

I also like to take the course schedule we get as part of syllabi and I made a packet with just those so I always have a reference for when things are due and what we're working on each week. I then transfer this to my iCal which pushes to my iPhone which currently looks like it threw up everywhere! I fill out my planner with this important information. 

My first Peds hospital clinical (of which I have 7! Some of the other groups only have 5) is this Wednesday. I'm freaking a little, but I'll make it somehow!

I do have something to look forward to at the end of this semester (which will help me get through it), a trip to Las Vegas. I've wanted to return after I turned 21 and now I finally get to do it. I'm going with my best friend and her husband since my bestie is turning 30 next year!

I'll try to keep this better updated this semester, but I make no promises.

Until next time...

0 comments:

Post a Comment